2021 Race Update
Just like we did on July 11, 2020, we expect to run this race by conforming to Utah County and State public health guidelines for July 2021. As of today, we expect to implement the following protocols for your safety:
– Staggered starts: you can start any time between 7:30 AM and 8:00 AM in groups of 10 or less
– 6′ social distancing at all times
– Runners bring and use face mask (we will provide hand sanitizer)
– Do not attend if you are sick or have been in the last 14 days
– Do not attend if you have been near anyone with symptoms
– Cover your cough or sneeze. Stay 12′ away if you cough
– Bring Kleenex. Use it if you need to blow your nose. Do not do this openly, stand 12′ away from others
– Do not congregate
– Do not touch others with a high five, hug, etc.!
– Runners are encouraged to carry mask or face covering in the event another person approaches AND to put face mask on when going into aid stations
– Aid station volunteers will be wearing face masks. No runners getting what they want from tables. Items will be handed to them by the volunteers for both Gatorade and water.
– Finish/Start area – Grove Creek Trail Head – Once you finish the race, please collect your Finisher Medal and snack and head home. We will announce the winners on our Facebook page at 9PM that night, and will deliver the gift baskets to the winners the next day.
– SIGN an additional Waiver for running under these conditions
-Yes it’s going to be different this year and we hope that everyone will still have a great but safe day!
-WE are glad that we are still being allowed to provide an event that you all love!
Run to Support Our Mission!
For four years Follow the Flag has been there for the funerals of our fallen men and women in the military and first responder community. All of the money you pay to run this race goes towards our general purpose fund, so we can have the resources we need to launch new missions (hanging a flag in a canyon in their honor, decorating the neighborhood with flags when a fallen soldier returns, fixing up a car for a kid who lost his father in the Iraq War, or to fix and replace our massive flags that inspire us each year.
The Run2Remember is just one of many patriotic events organized by FollowTheFlag, a volunteer organization whose sole purpose is to give residents of Utah and America in general a place to show off their patriotism and to remember that freedom isn’t free. Come to beautiful Pleasant Grove, Utah and honor America’s veterans by running a fun 5K trail run that finishes under the largest American flag ever made. The race consists of three sections: 1) the first mile if relatively flat and fast, 2) the second mile is an uphill climb that will raise the heart rate and thin the pack, and 3) the last mile is nothing but downhill, as you finish along the majestic Grove Creek with an epic, under-the-flag, finish line. The race window starts promptly at 7:30 AM and runs until 8:00 AM. Registration will stay open right up until the race on July 10, 2021. Register now to reserve your place and receive your complimentary Follow the Flag 2021 finisher medal plus $5 off ANYTHING in the Follow the Flag Gift Store!
2021 Course Map